Home High Efficiency Speaker Asylum

Need speakers that can rock with just one watt? You found da place.

Re: Isophon 8" full range

You don't need to know anything more than your speaker diameter to construct a Voight pipe (actually, you need to calculate for the depth of the driver, because some of these 8" units have a tall magnet structure that will not fit into the tapered void of the pipe at the correct one third position from the top.) In fact, you may wish to build your pipe with a removeable face plate which would enable you to quickly swap drivers to do comparisions. Another design feature that is a plus but not normally considered are small baffles around the driver to counteract baffle edge effects.

You can find all the info you need and a whole lot more at the Single Driver Website in the DIY section. There are several website links to building these, such as the Lowther Norway club, etc.

If you email me your Isophon driver model number I can look up the specs from my Isophon catalog when I get back to Europe in late July.

Jonathan

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Isophon 8" full range - jweiss 07:40:37 05/22/02 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.