Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

SACD MYSTERY

Hi folks, I do hope a few of you still hang out on AA so that I could get some assistance on getting my Sony Blu Ray player working with all the formats they claim to feature.

The thing is supposed to play my damn SACDs......and it does in a very weird way. I have the Sony connected to my sound system. I can play movies with it, watch TV, and spin red book CDs. They all sound great through my 2A3 mono blocks, but the SACDs will only playback through my $3.00 TV speakers!!!!!!!!!!!! However I connect it...........just doesn't work. Please don't bore me with DSD bs...........because I don't care. My Denifrips Plinius ll processes that, but like all DACs they lack the copy rights from Sony/Philips to process the SACD technology. I have tons of Non-Hybrid discs that will only play through those cheap speakers. Why..what the hell is happening. Clearly, the blueray machine is processing the discs. I see the music playback info including the 2.8 mhz right on my tv screen. Anybody out there that could shed light on this audio mystery would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Tom B.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - SACD MYSTERY - Tom B. 13:07:29 08/12/24 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.