Home Hi-Rez Highway

New high resolution SACD releases, players and technology.

"so that it would work optimally with various DACs"

The issue is not really on the DAC side. IME, Amazon HD sound quality is excellent, at LEAST as good as my own CD rips, not to mention the huge number of 24bit/96kHz and even 24bit/192kHz high res albums available on Amazon HD.

THE issue is that Amazon HD music player app cannot and will not force Windows or iOS to automatically change the bit rate and sampling rate to reflect the actual music file being played. If your Windows sound mixer is set at 16/44.1kHz, even the 24/96kHz high res file from Amazon HD will be downsampled to 16/44.1 before being sent to the DAC, any DAC. One has to manually change the Windows mixer to 24/96. Then when next 16/44.1 file is played, one needs to manually change it back to 16/44.1 unless you want the file upsampled to 24/96 by Windows...

I encourage every Amazon HD customer or ones trying it to complain to Amazon support to fix this issue. Many are filing complaints in hopes Amazon will act like they care.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.