Headphone Heights

RE: Stax SRM-006ts - Opinions? Experiences? {NT}

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]

So the Stax SRM-T1 series and 006 are basically the same circuit, the difference being some of the transistors which were substituted as they became obsolete. The 006 also uses 7815/7915 regulators for the front end power supply whereas the T1 uses zener diode regulators. The 007 also is the same circuit other than running the 6CG7/6FQ7 outputs in parallel for a bit more power, and the Stax SRM-700T is also very similar other than replacing the 6CG7 tubes with 6SN7 tubes. The tubes are run pretty conservatively so tube life is excellent.

It's a good circuit, although it could be improved if the output plate resistors were replaced by constant current loads as in the KGST, BHSE, and the Stax solid state amps. This mod more than doubles the effective power by eliminating the power wastage in the plate resistors, tightens up the bass and cleans up the highs.

Personally I prefer a T1 so modded to the Stax SRM-727. Hope this helps.

Edits: 03/18/22

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Headphone Heights ]
[ Comment ] [ Edit ] [ Delete ] [ Copyright Warning! Click for Details ]