Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

those Fischer connectors are frustrating

not too many interconnect companies will put a Fischer on their products. XLO is the only one I know of that will with current production wire. The original Cello concept was to force the customer to buy their Cello Strings to connect to as much of an all Cello product line as possible.

Metthew James LLC has taken over the intellectual property rights to the former Cello company. Supposedly he has an excellent amplifier in production. For a while he offered certain major upgrades to the Pallette and other original Cello products although at breathtakingly high costs, they were quoting almost $10,000 for the Pallete upgrade boards....... woooooo boy....

I think until you see solid institutional support behind the "old" Cello line, such as dependable service based on the original parts specs and circuit diagrams, and real deal premium XLR to Fischer adapters, the secondary market will be thin at best.

Too many people were burned by the experience of holding the high end bag when the company became insolvent and don't even want to discuss the subject. Again, a problem for the resale market. Just say "Cello" and watch people turn red and purple.

That's a teriffic shame as the ORIGINAL Pallete was, may is, still one of the best audio products ever made. I sure wish MJ,LLC would have a service option for them, better yet, convert them to XLR. The rear panel isn't complicated at all, unlike, say, the Encore preamp.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • those Fischer connectors are frustrating - tonemaniac 10:28:28 08/04/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.