Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

Re: Panasonic sa xr 45, how does it work, sound, vs PS Audio

The direct Digital input up to the speaekers per se is really an advantage here.

While you can go seperates and get things better you are also adding to the recording I think.The euphoric presentation is what you do get better than using the Panasonic unit,but for $300 I cannot imagine having this type of capability for a lowly $300.

It is a very revealing product and when you change CDP's you also get whatever is being feed.I have a Phillips CD-80 with a Belden COAX and tried a Panasonic F-65 CD Changer using a Optical Cable and the Phillips was a better match for Redbook.So if you looking for what you get for sound you will get whatever is being feed to the unit. Transports will make a difference.

I have heard no sterility or stridency when driving speakers with the unit which makes me wonder how efficient the speakers used by others are and room dimensions they are in.

Lastly using a different PC is a must. For an econo cable try Red Cobra's PC with an adaptor.

If I were thinking of stepping up to a better Digital Amp I would want to find a complete unit to clearout conversion issues and not buy seperates like seperate pre-amps and amps.

The Panasonic unit is just what they intended to produce a good lowcost product I think.The answer to everything I think not ,but a great product for those not willing or wanting to spend more.

Good luck!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Panasonic sa xr 45, how does it work, sound, vs PS Audio - NEAR SOTA 15:02:11 01/03/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.