Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

clarification

I have been a Jolida dealer for 14 years. I have never bought nor sold any gray market products. All of my equipment comes straight from the manufacturers or their assigned and authorized distributors. In the case of Jolida, Mike Allen is the president and the father of the Jolida brand and concept. He is based in Maryland, USA. Jolida has sold their amps to dealers in the US for perhaps 20 years now. I know that I was in with them from the early days when the first products were out and only a few changes had been made. Jolida has a history of continual improvement and for instance, despite the fact that the model 202A amplifier has not really changed its name or its look, it has been improved significantly internally. It has new transformers, new capacitors, new circuit boards, new volume control, all of this a bit at a time over the years in "running changes" at the factory to keep the product competitive and the best that it can be at its price point. It was originally released as the SJ202A and then became the JD202A as all products took on the JD prefix. The very first product was the SJ302, now the JD302A. When I first started selling the Jolida amps in 1997, there were only integrated amplifiers available and only 4 models (202, 302, 502, 801). Now Jolida produces hybrid integrated amps, CD players, phono stages, power amps, preamps, and DACs. The official USA website is www.Jolida.com .

It was only a year ago, less even I believe that the jolida.net website appeared. This is a chinese website operated by the old factory where Jolida used to have the products made. The products were much more crude there and they had more problems with reliability and ultimately with outright deception and trademark infringement. Gray market items began showing up at puppet websites of unathorized "importers" in NY and other places. These offered the chinese direct versions for a tiny bit less money. There was no warranty of course unless you were to send the product back and forth in the flimsy export boxes to china and trust the guys that even Jolida could not trust to return the product to you. Since those problems, the .net site has started some sort of negative campaign that has given the Jolida brand a duality and a tough go frankly. They seem to feel that they have a right to continue to produce the products even though Jolida Inc had found it necessary to use another manufacturer whom they could trust. Sad but true.

If you want real Jolida products that have been final assembled and tested in Maryland, then you need to go through an authorised USA dealer to do so. Only then will you get USA inspected and tested product, and a USA warranty. The USA warranty allows you to return the product to your dealer or to Jolida in MD for repairs.
-Bill

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • clarification - KT88 12:31:29 02/16/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.