VK music - Sunvalley Audio Forum
Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.
I own these units and have noticed an independent web review shows 0.1-uF 630-volt Tone Factory Vitamin-Q capacitors in use whereas my units have 0.22-uF 630-volt Tone Factory Vitamin-Q capacitors fitted. In the past week, I have rolled (1st roll) to Russian 1988 K42Y-2 0.1-uF 630-volt capacitors and they sound much better. The Tone Factory Vitamin-Q capacitors seem to leak easily with oil present on the outside. What value of capacitance would you recommend? 0.47-uF for the 300B tubes? The Mundorf silver-oil capacitors have me most interested. Opinions/suggestions are much appreciated. TIA!
Edits: 13/58/10This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - What coupling capacitors for the TRV-M300SE power amps? - XLR8OR 07:10:56 02/10/12 (11)
- RE: What coupling capacitors for the TRV-M300SE power amps? - vkung 08:04:05 02/10/12 (10)
- Load input impedance value question - XLR8OR 13:56:55 02/10/12 (9)
- RE: Load input impedance value question - vkung 22:13:08 03/18/12 (1)
- Thanks for getting back to me .... - XLR8OR 06:22:33 03/24/12 (0)
- RE: Load input impedance value question - vkung 14:05:27 02/10/12 (6)
- Any update from Japan? - XLR8OR 02:37:58 03/01/12 (1)
- RE: Any update from Japan? - vkung 08:11:22 03/01/12 (0)
- Many thanks & further question - XLR8OR 14:25:53 02/10/12 (3)