Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

I just received my Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp.....

and it sound nice right out of the box with 20 min warm up. I know this will change but I'm really liking what I'm hearing so far. I got the Black WA6.

I did buy some extra Rectifier tubes Mullard and JJ's GZ34's to roll. I hear the Sophia's are really nice but I will first let this break in before doing any tube rolling. The WA6 came with WestingHouse 6DR7 driver tubes and Shuguang stock rectifier tube.

So far, the sound is balanced from top to bottom. The mids is where I can here some nice things like voices, horns, and strings. So others were right on in this regards.

So far I have heard nothing to indicate the WA6 is struggling to push my Fostex T50RP headphones. Actually, these sound like a great match so far.

Now that I have been letting it breaking in while writing this, I can hear the soundstage starting to open up.

I will post back after 20-30 hours of break in.

Cheers!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - I just received my Woo Audio WA6 headphone amp..... - Cougar 11:17:12 07/25/16 (42)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.