Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Best headphones-PMP combo for 1000 CAD (usually 0.7-0.9 USD)

Hello,

First, this post may also relate to the forum Headphone Amplifiers but usually forums forbid cross-posting, so I'm hoping if this one has links or allow X-post that it will be done to this post (mods please do), or be informed about it.

As this is my 1st post and it's customary to make an introduction in that case, here I go. I don't have a real discerning ear--although--I've been in clubs and standing music venue (like clubs but much larger sound-system and only for events (no recurrent themed events, like "disco evenings")), and once in a stadium, so I know what a very good and mediocre club sound-system sound like. I've rarely had good disposable income so rarely spent accordingly. I bought some used over the ears with grills (when another person try to look at the ear hole, the part between the center and the rim; please let me know the term if you know it) Sennheiser for 100 CAD (or less; currently 77.18 USD), although that was over a decade ago, they were good but not amazing I thought. Almost a decade ago I bought some Shure earbuds on pretty good special, from an official distributor, for 150-200 CAD I thought they were excellent.

All my music is digital, the vast majority in FLAC, the vast majority of the remnant in MP3 (almost never < 256 kbps). The genre that make me want to acquire better audio equipment, is EDM, especially hardcore-related, including Speedcore & Gabber. More than once the former sentence didn't get the response I was hoping for so I'm emphasizing: EDM alone is what drives me to improve my audio equipment, the rest of my preference is in case there would be close choices for that genre. I also enjoy metal & punk sub-genres, especially melding the 2 such as Sludge metal, Crust punk & Hardcore punk.

Would you suggest to me headphones & PMP (portable media player) combination along the formats & genres I prefer (previous paragraph), for 1000 CAD (or less) ? 1 CAD is usually 0.7 to 0.9 USD, currently (1,000.00 CAD = 771.765 USD). The equipment need to be rugged as I do sports and sometimes fall, I would get some protective case (I'm thinking of a cash box padded with some foam (harder next to the walls with shaped plushy toward the center)) but that would not prevent all damage from shock. I don't think I'll be using the combo while doing sport (often inline skating, and would use it while commuting back).

Thank you kindly

Je suis francophone. My main language is French.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - Best headphones-PMP combo for 1000 CAD (usually 0.7-0.9 USD) - DynV 00:23:26 07/01/16 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.