Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: Thanks for the replies.........

Haven't replaced the system, but I find the sound from my HiFiMan 560s to be about the best I've heard. Haven't heard everything of course, but when I'm listening to them in the early AM so as not to disturb my wife, I'm constantly blown away by the quality of the sound as well as the bass. Just using my Mac 6900's head out, not a dedicated amp. Also listen to some 24/192 files through my TASCAM 3000 as dac. Just stellar to my ears. 560s are not too hard to drive, but need some extra power to be sure.

My one huge complaint is the cables/connector. Cable is so GD frustrating with it's constant kinks and bends...I'm getting p!ssed off just thinking about it. Make sure you get the new cable/connector (NOT the screw-in connector. Aargh!) Nothing in audio period has been as frustrating as this crap, a shame since the cans sound so wonderful.

Check out the HE400i as well, might get you most of the way there for much less $$. Another inmate rec'd them earlier this year. I just wanted to get out of the under $500 range and try something on the higher end, and picked the 560s up for $700 on sale.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.