Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

RE: after 4 years of going to the socal canjam the winner is...

to me the 3 types of cans had their own sound

the orthos have a very nice bass slam and impact. they can rock and are exciting. the thing that I dont like about them is that they are very "dark". in other words there is a sonic signature to them and if you have heard the hifiman and audeze you know the sound. not sure I like that.
they are not dry sounding tho.

the dynamic headphones fall far below the the orthos in general. and like i said I heard them all (or close to it) there is a dry quality to them that i dont like even when hooked to tube amps. the upper bass is dry sounding on all the ones I heard. bass slam and inpact can be good but just not liquid sounding. some of them are REALLY overated. the high ohm cans with a OTL amp are not bad. some can be very comfortable.

the electrostatics are at the top of the heap. lightning fast dynamics. high end the is very extended without being brittle. transients are jaw dropping. upper and mid bass is perfect. with the right recording can be spooky real sounding. dynamic are good also. bass is weird very extended and accurate but not the classic ortho "slam". very good for extended listening.

Edits: 04/28/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.