Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

Unsolicited Plug for Etymotic

Hi, all,

Just a quick plug for Etymotic's customer service.

I have a pair of ER-4's I've been using for years, mostly for travel on airplanes to block the noise while sounding good. As such, they've had kind of rough service.

Somewhere along about year five, six, or more, the right earbud started dropping out. Turns out it was an issue with the plug/socket connection between the cable and the transducers. I eventually gave up on jury-rigging them to work (usually in a hotel room on the road with no tools) and put them away in a drawer.

About two moves and another seven years later, I recently rediscovered them in a box, and got around to contacting Etymotic to see if there was help. They have a program where if you send in your out-of-warranty broken units, they will send you a coupon to buy replacements at an attractive discount. So, I did just that.

Subsequently, I received an email form Etymotic informing me that only the cable was bad, and asking did I want them to replace it and return it to me - for $50 plus S&H. I said yes, of course.

They've now arrived, along with a technician's report stating they'd salvaged the transducers, cleaned them, and replaced everything else (probably had to carbon-date them first). Nearly brand new for $59. Pretty good, I'd say.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Unsolicited Plug for Etymotic - caffeinator 14:05:13 03/05/16 (3)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.