Home Headphone Heights

Welcome to Headphone Heights, the place for all your ear bud discussion

If you want good imaging/soundstaging in cans that can also rock...

...I'd probably recommend the T-1. They'll soundstage as well or better than anything else on your list and they'll do all genres of music almost equally well. For your needs, I'd look for the original version of the T-1 as the second and latest version is slightly less of a rocker's headphone and more of a classical-lover's headphone, tonally speaking.

Grado RS-1s really rock, but they are not the most expansive of soundstagers. Also, they are the only pair of supra-aural (on top of the ear) headphones on your list - so unless you definitely prefer that style, you'd best stay away.

The Sennheisers and the AKGs are both very decent soundstagers but both of them seem like classical/jazz specialty headphones, at least to to my ears. Not the best cans for rockers, IMO.

The Hifimans would probably be my second choice for your needs, after the T-1s. Good overall performers. On the downside, planar headphones are significantly heavier and possibly less comfortable than some of the other cans on your list.

Edits: 02/25/16 02/25/16 02/26/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.