Home VK Music - Elekit & Triode Japan Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: Tu-8300 up and running......review

Hi Marc and others!

Well I also finished my TU-8300!
Awesome kit! As others already said: "Well thought and absolutely something for beginners"
I never did soldering before, and it just took my to long evenings (8-10 hours) to complete it.
I was very scary while turning it on for the very first time. All those "Caution topics" in the testing routines list. But everything worked fine and I just had one problem. I didn't have any speakers. I threw my old "student diy made" ones away and didn't have the time yet to build new ones. I already have my new drivers and just plugged those in.
No bass, due to the missing cabin, but a very warm and clear mid's and hights. I'm looking very forward to start building my cornu spiral self made copies next days.

Marc, you mentiond aa "vcap mod" what is it andwhere can I find more information on that? Are there any other tweak you might recommend?

Once I'll have my final system I would like to add a thin wooden finish on top of the TU-8300 just to make it more "wife friendly" ;-)
Until then I'll be able to optimize some small things beforeplaying my whole music collection up and down...

vkung, thannk for giving people like me the change to get a tube amp and to become 20-25 at least for a few hours again ;-)

Sebastian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.