Home VK Music - Elekit & Triode Japan Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

TU-882 Mods

I thought I would start a thread on modifications and upgrades to the TU-882 headphone amp. I will start off with hum, though any other upgrades might be added here.

Mine has great sound, though I am a little unhappy about hum in some 40 ohm headphones. The hum is pretty low, but clearly audible when there is no source present. The hum is present regardless of the volume setting and remains the same at minimum and maximum.

The wires from the power supply are tightly twisted, and no positional tweaking resolved the hum. In fact, even when the main power wires (grey) is right next to PCB over the signal path the hum is no louder. It seems that twisting these wires is pretty effective and the hum is coming from somewhere else.

I upgraded the B+ bulk capacitor (C14) from 47uF to 120uF, and the hum *might* be slightly less, but not much.

C11,C12,C13 are all 22uF. Sticking the left over 47uF cap into C12 or C13 seems to be the next candidate operation.

Any ideas on reducing hum?

Edits: 03/20/10 03/20/10

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Topic - TU-882 Mods - Keith L. Jackson 13:24:14 03/20/10 (7)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.