Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

A death in the family...

For those who haven't been over to the SET Asylum, my DIY bud and good friend Jim Dowdy has informed me that Dr Harvey "Gizmo" Rosenberg succumbed to a heart attack this afternoon while at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport. Dr Rosenberg was only 59 years old.

He was a somehwat polarizing figure in our small community, if for no other reason than his outlandish attire and purple prose. But he was also an inspirational figure. I give him partial credit for inspiring me to build Marcel & Clovis, and for that I will be ever grateful. I've found an approach and path in this hobby that I think is "me", and I doubt I'd have done it - or at least so soon - without a kick in the pants from Giz.

We need all the good minds that contribute to our understanding and implementation of what Dr Rosenberg called the audio arts. It is sobering and sad that one of those minds has been taken from us too soon. Rest in peace, Giz, and hit the Big Guy up for a little of that "aural cream".

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - A death in the family... - Phil Sieg 21:47:37 07/16/01 (13)

You can not post to an archived thread.