Home Amp/Preamp Asylum

Looking for a new Amp or Preamp? If you're after tubes, post over here.

RE: ATI Amplifier

ATI is not necessarily just HT, they are only one chassis and in that chassis you can order a 2 channel up to 7, or begin with 2 channel and expand if ever needed. As example in the 3k series the 3002 is the 2-channel version while 3007 is a 7 channel version but they will visually look the same, plus the 3002 can have amp modules added to be 3 to 7 channels.

I haven't heard one 20 years old but I have heard a 3k version, it was one of the most powerful amps I've heard even at lower volume, it just has a lot of what I'd call thrust. I believe the 2k version and up has a 20 amp power cord.

Morris Kessler is the ATI designer, the line now has a 6k signature version.

In my opinion the weak link would be the Adcom preamp unless you have a gfp750. Then again if your ATI is one of the more entry level the Adcom could be a good match. Not that Adcom is bad, it's good for the money and great for what they go used, it's just the 2k and up ATI are really good and can benefit from a more capable preamp.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: ATI Amplifier - Mr Peabody 10:37:31 10/28/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.