Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: "New" Quads and Stands

The speakers are free standing without physical support from the rear. On the underside of my ESLs there are threaded screws that hold the metal bottom plate to the speaker's base. These screws protrude down a little, so I made shallow drilled-out recesses for these screws' heads to drop into. That way the quads are fully engaged with the stands' top plates and cannot slide.

I purchased longer screws of the same type for the final installation. Once the stands are glued together and finished I will leave four of those screws off, set the speakers in position and then thread the screws through the stands' upper plates into the threaded holes in the Quads' bases.

The B&Ws are fabulous speakers too. Best dynamic speakers I have ever had--that I could afford ;^) They are now fully tricked out with Sound Anchor stands and fully broken-in North Creek crossovers, which have raised their performance to a whole new level. They can play as loud as I want driven by a Pass Labs X-250.5. They can not compete with the Quads' breath-taking clarity, timbral accuracy, cohesiveness and naturalness, but they are still awfully good speakers. Love them both.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: "New" Quads and Stands - George S. Roland 05:59:35 02/28/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.