Home Planar Speaker Asylum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share your ideas and experiences.

RE: mmg cluttered soundstage

Hey A,

So glad you figured it out. I have been vertical for years now and no way I would go back.

Can you imagine that there were arguments about vertical. Amazing what you see on boards.

Anyhow the trick is to get your head in the middle of the panel. On the larger maggies which are all vertical you can pretty much rest assured that for most listeners in most chairs you will be in the middle of the panel. Mmgs because they are smaller you cannot guarantee that. So they let them tilt.

So the middle of the panel is not the middle of the speaker. There is about 4" on the bottom of frame and 2" on the top. The driver is roughly about 42".

I measured the height of my head in the listening chair and long story short I ended up with the speaker 18" of the floor.

I found this out the hard way. When I moved I ditched the couch and got a higher listening chair. It sounded so wrong. I tried everything from placement to power treatment, etc. Then one day I was on the floor and the magic was back. I jumped in the listening chair and it was still bad. Sat on the floor and more magic.

Shoot for the center of the panel.

Also can you try them with no toein??

Cut to razor sounding violins

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.